Public Policy & Restorative Justice Symposium
Time & Location
About The Event
The Memphis Restorative Justice Coalition (MRJC) will host the inaugural Public Policy & Restorative Justice Symposium featuring local educators, community activists, elected officials, student leaders, government & social service administrators and many more! The purpose of the symposium is to showcase the innovative ways Memphians are working to create a more just, free and equal city & county for youth and young adults. The event was made possible by the Tennessee Educational Equity Coalition along with MRJC organizational members: Memphis Urban League, Memphis Urban League Young Professionals, The Dividend and Profound Gentlemen.
- Registration: 9:30
- Welcome: 10:00 | Timothy Green, Founder & Executive Director, The Dividend
- Keynote: 10:15-10:30 | Shelby County Commissioner Tami Sawyer
- Re-imagining School Culture through Community-Driven Policy: 10:45-11:45 | Moderator--Senator Raumesh Akbari Panelists: Pametria Dominise, Licensed Mental Health Therapist, Archie Moss, Jr. Principal of Bruce Elementary, Shahidah Jones, The Official Black Lives Matter Chapter of Memphis, Joshua Perkins, President of the Memphis Urban League Young Professionals, Chris Williams, Student at Collegiate School of Memphis
- Lunch: 12:00-1:00 | Remarks from Pioneer in Justice Awardee, Dr. Joris Ray, Superintendent of Shelby County Schools
- Restoring the Joy: Justice Focused Classrooms: 1:15-2:15 | Facilitated by Tim Green and lead by Scholars from Memphis Grizzlies Prep
- Wrap-up & Call to Action: 2:15-3:00
*Details regarding speaker information will be updated as confirmed. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Professional Development Certificates will be provided to any attendee seeking to fulfill professional development requirements.